Private 3 Day Sahara Desert Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
The 3-day Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour is unrivalled for its memorable and thrilling tour experience. From the stunningly beautiful view of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains, the fascinating Todra oases and gorges, to dinner under a sky illuminated by starlight accompanied by Berber music and drumming, this Sahara desert journey is one of a kind!
Let’s not forget the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou; a UNESCO world heritage site used as a set for several famous Hollywood movies. You will also get a drive through Morocco’s longest valley, the Draa valley, and explore its gorgeous palm groves and countless Kasbahs. Enjoy the exhilarating feeling of watching sunrise and sunset as you get a pleasurable camel ride. We can’t get enough of it, and you will also discover that the Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour is nothing short of a perfect desert experience!
Here is a the itinerary of the Private 3 Day Sahara Desert Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga:
- Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Dades Valley
From your riad or hotel, at about 8 o’clock in the morning, your 3 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour will begin with an exciting ride across the High Atlas Mountains. Passing through the highest mountain pass; Tizi N’tichka pass, we would make a stop at Telouet Kasbah. You will be amazed by the gorgeous traditional interior decoration within this Kasbah.
- From here, we continue our desert trip to the Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou, driving along the awesome Ounila valley, and exploring the Berber villages, gardens, and Kasbahs. After a delicious lunch, you can visit this Kasbah; a UNESCO world heritage site and Morocco’s most renowned Kasbah. Passing through Ouarzazate, we will drive on to Skoura Oasis to explore the famous Kasbah Amridil.
- Driving on through Kalaa Mgouna and the Valley of Roses, we will look at and possibly buy cosmetic products locally produced from Damascene roses. Your day trip will end in a hotel at the Dades Valley.
- Day 2: Boumalne Dades – Todgha Gorges – Merzouga
Following breakfast, you will begin the day’s trip with a drive to the delightful Tinghir oasis. Take a refreshing walk along the banks of the Todgha river. At the Todgha Gorges, you can explore the beautiful gigantic cliffs of the canyons, and enjoy a tasty lunch before your ride to Merzouga.
- On your way to Merzouga, you will go through the Ziz Valley, and the towns of Erfoud, renowned for its gorgeous artifacts. Your Camel train awaits you at Erg Chebbi. On Camelback, you will explore the Erg Chebbi dunes, and enjoy the exhilarating experience of seeing the color of the sand change as the sun sets.
- You will arrive at your desert camp before dusk, and can experience the serenity of the desert on a sand dune close by. After a delicious dinner under a starlit sky, the nomads will thrill you with drumming and music near a campfire. You can also enjoy an extraordinary view of shooting stars before going to bed at your Sahara desert camp tent.
- Day 3: Merzouga – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
Begin your day 3 adventure by waking up before dawn to observe the captivating sunrise while on a camel ride. Travelling back to Marrakech, you will take a ride to the Draa valley, through the Saghro mountains as you wonder at awe-inspiring volcanic landscapes. Upon your arrival at the village of Nkob, you may have lunch overlooking beautiful mountains, or later on at Ouarzazate.
- Driving on to Tansikht via the banks of the Draa River, you will explore the gorgeous palm groves and numerous ancient Kasbahs. As you approach the peak of the Draa valley, you will arrive at the oldest Kasbah, Kasbah Tamnougalte, and get an amazing view of the watchtowers on the mountains beside the river.
- When you get to Ouarzazate, you can spend some time at the film studios before proceeding on your journey across the High Atlas Mountains and through the Tizi N’tichka pass. Your private 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga will end as you retire for the night at your riad or hotel in Marrakech by evening
Don’t miss out on this lifetime opportunity to enjoy Morocco’s finest desert tour. This itinerary is one of the most inspiring and well-known in Morocco for travellers looking to traverse the Morocco Sahara desert.
Contact our agency now to book your spot and experience this unforgettable 3-day Morocco desert tour. You can also request for a customised and more personal trip. Explore our one-of-a-kind complete range of Marrakech desert tours here!